Wednesday, May 02, 2007

We're going home...eventually

See, I told you that I would have those words in my post.

Unfortunately, Wil had a documented fever last night. We'll ignore the fact that it was a total fluke, and just say that they're standing by their policy of 24 hours fever-free before discharging.

He's feeling almost normal, aside from the pain in his foot, but even that has subsided and is tolerable with just an occasional Tylenol. His appetite is good, his white count is down some more, and he's just as antsy as I am to get the heck out of here. Let's face it, there's only so much tv you can watch, and only so many magazines you can read.

I left this morning and went to get J, run some errands, pay some bills, etc. When I came back with J I walked in to a scary scene. Imagine your husband lying on a hospital bed, two chaplains standing over him, praying in Spanish and his father in the corner looking as if he could cry. My heart stopped for a brief moment. My God! Turns out, they're friends of his parents from their church, and just came by to wish him well. *whew*

So, the doctor promised him that he could go home tomorrow, as long as he continued doing well. They just came to take his vitals and they are clamining that he has a fever again. I think they need to check their equipment because I've got a great "mommy thermometer" and he's absolutely cool as a cucumber. I think this is the "he has good insurance, go ahead and milk it" thermometer.

I'm crossing my fingers that the doctor will look the other way on the whole fever thing and use the evidence of the improved bloodwork and the anxious to leave patient as a sign that it's ok to let him go. I promise I'll take good care of him at home.

I was supposed to be on my flight today to PA. I'm really disappointed that I had to cancel my plans. Between hanging out at Barnhenge, which is paradise, the incredible Fairie Festival, and Sheep and Wool, it certainly would have been an awesome trip. Not to mention how excited I was to get to hang out with Laura and Doug again, and *sniff* to meet Gretchen. Next time I think I'll make my plans covertly, maybe then I'll successfully make it onto a plane.

Anyway, Wil's requesting a soda, and that gives me an excuse to take a much needed walk, so I'll end this boredom induced ramble for tonight. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be reporting from the comfort of my very own livingroom. Cross your fingrs for me.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad Wil's finally getting out of the hospital (but not as glad as he is, I'm sure). It's too bad you can't take your trip to PA this year, but maybe you can put the miles towards another trip...say, my graduation next May 3, for example. *grin* Hopefully all of you can get some rest now that Wil will be coming home soon. Between living at the hospital and taking care of J, I bet you need it! :) Love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home