Monday, September 10, 2007

Just another post

Wow, I'm still catching up on everything from before we left on vacation. It seems like things such as dishes and laundry are never-ending. But besides that, things are just about back to normal.

So, vacation was great fun. The best part for me was watching all the kids play together. I really do wish we were all a bit closer together. It's a shame that they only get together once a year or so.

We took advantage of the fact that we had all the kids in the same place and took them to get portraits made together. They turned out super-cute, and I can't wait until I actually have the prints in my hands.

Other highlights of the trip included the boys catching their first fish in Daddy Dave and Granny's lake, going for a ride on the tractor, and the little boat, catching butterflies in the front yard, and watching deer run across the golf course behind Mom's house.

Then there was the children's museum and the fair, and so many other great things...

There wasn't a whole lot of knitting time to be had, but I did finish up the first sleeve of my shrug, started the second, and managed to sneak in a lesson to my very eager, and quick to pick it up, little sister. We'll have the whole family knitting sooner or later. insert evil laughter

We got home late Thursday, and I had to be back at work Friday morning, so this is really my first chance to catch up with anything.

Let's see... what else?

Oh yeah, I'm finally a full-fledged ravelry addict, although I haven't been able to play with it nearly as much as I would like to. It's awesome, to say the least. I could easily get lost there for hours at a time.

I'm also excited about the fact that the Florida Fiber-In is this coming weekend. I don't have a penny in my yarn budget, but it sure will be fun to go and gawk at all the fibers and prove once and for all that there really are knitters in FL. Thankfully, I'll be in good company since Michele and her husband just bought their house. She and I can go and daydream together. Yay!

J-man has his speech pathologist appointment tomorrow at 8 a.m. Yeah, the time sucks since neither of us are morning people, but I'm looking forward to getting some answers to all these worrisome mommy questions I have. She asked me to bring along some examples of foods that he won't/can't eat, and the cups he drinks from. Well, the cups are easy enough, but the foods? Well, should I really be cooking up steaks and chicken and roast beef at 8 in the morning? Funny how I know what he will and won't eat when I'm looking at prepared food, but now that I'm forced to think about it, I can't think of very many examples other than meats and some breads.

Anyway, off to do the rest of the laundry and maybe do a few other things. Just thought I'd offer some sort of post since it's been so long.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home