Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Spoke too soon

Did I really think that I could get out of town without some sort of major catastrophe?

Woke up this morning to a house with no water. Odd, since we had water at midnight when I was washing dishes and finishing up that last load of laundry. This isn't a new phenomenon in our house. It's happened a couple of times before. Just simply some bad contact points in our pump. And for the record-- this is our second pump-- both have done this same thing. I guess it has something to do with the corrosive salt air. Makes for rich f***ing plumbers, that's for sure. More than $100 later, we have water restored.

But as I'm sitting here reveling in the fact that we have water and I can wash the breakfast dishes and take a shower and brush my teeth, I notice that's it's uncomfortable warm in here.

Check the thermostat-- it's 81. No big deal, thinks I, the plumber was in and out and in and out, and it'll just take a little time for the a/c to compensate for all the door opening. But an hour later, I was still sweating. So I check the thermostat again- 83. WTF?

We'd played with the breakers trying to get the pump running this morning, so I double check all of them, and I check the settings on the thermostat, and there's nothing wrong with either.

So, I call Screw You Over AC Company, who installed this thing, and of course they delight in informing me that I'm 1 month outside of my warranty. Of course I am. So, I'm now sitting here, grumpily waiting for the a/c guy to show up to bill me $80 so that he can probably just flip a switch that I've overlooked.

Current indoor temp? 91.

There goes my vacation budget, and of course, my yarn budget for the fiber-in the week I get back.

That's my luck.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Geez, that Sucks!! try to enjoy your vacation. The fiber-in will still be fun no matter what. My fiber in fund is going fast too...

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Eve said...

I've been having the same problem with my AC and after a MONTH of harrassing the leasing office they finally sent the maintanence man down a few days ago. It's been between 85-90 here lately -inside the house. The guy gets here and bangs on a few things, adds more freon to the thing outside, and basically it never really changed a thing. He did mention that the apartments aren't insulated, so I am basically screwed.

My electric bill for last month was over $200. :( Hopefully it starts cooling down outside because I cant take this heat anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home