Monday, February 04, 2008

Healing in Progress

I do realize that not everyone likes this sort of stuff, so if you're the type that can't stomach cuts, scrapes, and other sorts of owies, turn away now.

I've been taking progress pictures of Mocha's nose every couple of days just to sort of document the progress. I guess it's some sort of perversion that's rubbed off from work where we get to see some really gnarly wounds and stuff. It's fun, and often amazing, to watch the healing process. That, and Mo really hates going to the vet, so it's much easier for me to take a picture in and show it to the doctor rather than make her suffer the indignity of kenneling for the day.

So here they are- in chronological order.
Photobucket

Photobucket


These first two are from the day after surgery. You can see the bruising and inflammation. And, of course, you can see the pain in her eyes and demeanor. Poor girl. For the first couple of days she looked like she was a sharpei mix instead of a chow her nose was so swollen.

Photobucket

After the inflammation went down, these cracks appeared vertically down the front of her nose. They were there all along, but became deeper and more pronounced with the swelling. Don't they look awful?

What? You want a close up? Ok.
Photobucket

And here it is a few days later- looking much less inflammed and more healed than before.
Photobucket

Tomorrow she gets her sutures out and she'll be almost good as new. The scars will make her look tough, I suppose. I'm just glad that it has healed so well. I guess I'm incredibly fortunate to work where I do, or my dogs are, at least.

And kudos to the first person to identify this mystery object: (don't worry, it's not an animal part)

Photobucket

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

I think her nose is looking quite good! The cracks look painful, though. :(
That appears to be the remains of a tire. Somebody have a blowout? Yikes.

 
At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww... so sad what she had to go through. But the healing looks like it's coming along really well. I'm glad to see that. :-)

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Glad Mo is feeling better. The nose is looking great. Hope that the mean old dog who did that to her stays away!!

And I would have to say that it looks like a tire too, or some kind of car part. What is it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home