Saturday, July 30, 2005

Finally, a weekend!

I gave in and went to see the doctor over my lunchbreak yesterday. The only reason I did so was because I could no longer hear. Ok, so that's a little dramatic. I could hear, only it was all muffled and my ears ached like someone had shoved knitting needles into them.

According to the doc, I've got the "gnarliest ear infection" he's ever seen. Why does that make me somewhat proud? As if I should be standing here with some sort of medical trophy instead of an aching head and a bottle of horse-pills.

So I've got bilateral ear infections and a disgusting sinus infection. That's what happens when you're stubborn and don't go to the doctor until you're desperate.

I can't even explain what it is I hate so much about going, either. Maybe it's just the fact that you have to admit defeat, that you can't do it on your own. Or maybe it's just a lack of confidence in modern medicine. I mean hell, if they're so good, why are people still getting so sick. Truly, doctors seem more like paid pill-pushers for the pharmaceutical industry than people sworn to help the sick.

But honestly, I probably have the coolest doctor in the entire county. He's down to earth, chats with you about life in general, dispalys photos of his fishing trips in the office, wears a hawaiian shirt and khakis to work. Heck, he even lets a curse word slip now and then. He makes you feel comfortable when you're there, and his office is more homey instead of clinical. You'd think I wouldn't mind going in there every now and then instead of getting into the shape I'm in right now.

Anyway, it's Saturday, finally. I want nothing more than to climb into bed and pull the blanket over my throbbng head. But I'm back to working full-time again. That means the house is a disaster, and I haven't really had a chance to play with my son all week. I can't justify lying around all day when there's a cute little kid smiling and cooing at me from the living room.

So we're going shoe shopping. Not for me. I'm not a shoe person. I've got one pair of sneakers, and that's plenty! But Jonas needs new kicks. His sandals are two sizes too small, his sneakers about a centimeter from being outgrown. And it's tax-free week down here, so why not?

Wil wants to go to the spanish market afterwards and get himself a Malta. Ugh. *cringe* Have YOU ever tried one of those things? Disgusting. But they have a bakery there, and a deli, and they make a killer sandwich, an empanada to die for, and I could always go for a guava pastry. So much for weight-watching. I'm a sucker for latin food, and men, for the most part. I can get my dose of both today.

Y'all enjoy your weekends, too.

1 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Vickie said...

Hope you're feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home