Thursday, August 04, 2005

Feeling Scrappy

Heidi has finally motivated me enough to get me started on Jonas's scrapbook. Honestly, isn't it about damn time?! The kid'll be a year old next week! (yikes!)

So I've poured through my thousands and thousands (literally) of digital pics and selected the best of them. I've picked out the paper and the embellishments and all the stuff that you need in order to make a proper scrapbook. I've spent almost $90 on this so far, and I haven't even begun! But I feel like it's something that I need to do. For me, and for my son. I want to be able to remember all of the milestones. I want him to be able to look back and see them, too.

His first birthday present arrived in the mail yesterday. It's from his Aunt Jessica. I'm such a kid myself, I could hardly resist the urge to let him open it early. It doesn't help that I'm totally jazzed about what's inside. It's the LeapStart Learning Drum. A cool little toy drum that also displays the alphabet as you beat on it. I've wanted to buy one for him for a while, but decided to hold out for his birthday. I know he's going to love it. One of his favorite things to do is the bang on stuff... the washer, the refrigerator, Mom's belly, Daddy's face... I REALLY can't wait for him to open it!

Ok, it's time to go pick up my prints and get started on this. Wish me luck! I have such a bad habit of starting things and never finishing. I CAN'T let that happen this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home