Friday, January 20, 2006

Today sucked!

It was just one of those days. No need to elaborate on any one specific event. Sometimes it seems like the world is full poisonous snakes, and no matter how gently you tiptoe through their nest, you're sure to have a couple strike.

Clients are nasty, cruel, and are intent on making you feel guilty for a million and one things that are out of your control, like the fact that they're pet needs $600 surgery for a completely preventable (yet, neglected by their owners) condition that went too far without treatment.

Doctors are often worse than the clients they see.

I need one of those jobs where you're secluded in a little room all to yourself with a computer or something. I can't handle society anymore. Never was good at it to start with.

And to top it all off, paradise is gone. Not that this was ever truly paradise, but I enjoyed the seclusion of our home, surrounded by woods on all sides. Came home this evening to find the woods completely gone. Not a thing left, except the one tree that really should be cut down due to it's sickly condition. Bare grey earth and a bulldozer outside my livingroom window. Soon we'll have a house parked so closely to the property line that I can knock on their window from where I sit.

All I can hope is that they're nice people. Maybe a couple with a kid around Jman's age. That would be nice, and perhaps even worth the sacrifice. But I'm not holding my breath.

The only good thing about today is that it's almost over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home