Monday, May 22, 2006

Monday Morning

We had a productive weekend around here. Wil gave in and purchased a new lawnmower, despite the fact that we have two sitting in the shed. Both of them were in such state of disreapair that it would have probably cost more to fix them up than it did to just go buy a new one. He also bought a new trimmer that has inter-changeable heads so that we can also use it to trim the pepper trees and palms around the house.

So yesterday Wil spent the better part of the day working in the yard. It's been way too long since he's done any such thing, and now it's like a whole new world out there. One that I'm not afraid to let the munchking run around in.

We've got great plans for some outdoor renovations here in the next few months. New landscaping, a new porch, and leveling out of an area that, over the past several years, has eroded down making our brick patio area off kilter.

Wendy is also going to build us a fancy new garbage can holder to hide the unsightly things and also to prevent late night theivery from the various wild critters. It'll also have room for our recycling bins which have always been a source of frustration. The city provides these open style bins that, with the least bit of wind, scatter your recycling all across the yard. Quite frustrating to constantly be picking up your trash!

We're also slated for a new porch addition shortly. It's been a long time coming, and I'm hoping that, once I'm no longer working and trying to fit all of my house work into one day a week, things will start moving along at a faster pace. It'd be nice to have everything done before J's birthday. Then, maybe, we could actually have his party here, rather than depending on the parents so much.

In other news- our washing machine finally gave out over the weekend. Good thing it happend on the very last load I was washing. So J's Sponge Bob bed cover had to be wrung out and and finished off in the bath tub, but no big deal. We've already been pricing new ones. And in the mean-time, we're going to borrow Wendy's. She lives in an apartment that doesn't have washer/dryer hook-ups, so hers is being stored in the parents shed right now. Might as well put it to good use for a little while- at least until we can decide on what new one we want.

So, nearly 6:20 in the morning. I need to go wake up the munchkin and get him ready for what will be my final full week of work. I'm approaching this with a sense of dread. I really am ready to be done with it all. The only thing that keeps me from not showing up this morning is that I have my dog scheduled for a procedure on Thursday. As an employee I get a hefty discount on surgical procedures, etc. If I quit now, I'll be shelling out full price for it. Yes, I did that on purpose- scheduling it for the end of the week. Sometimes I'm smart like that.

Anyway, time to nuke the leftover coffee, get the kid in some clothes and trek off to Abuela's. She's agreed to watch him this entire week so that I don't have to send him back to daycare. Thank God for inlaws, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home