Thursday, November 09, 2006

Last day

It's my last day before I start back to work. As of tomorrow we will be getting up at the crack of dawn and dealing with the morning traffic once again. Oh joy.

Of course, this is just a temporary inconvenience for the next few weeks, and then I'll be back to blissful afternoon shifts. I can't wait for that.

I wish I could say that I used this day for something productive, but I haven't. I'm no good at change, even change as simple as going back to a job that I'm thoroughly familiar with. So, I've paced, and I've fidgeted. I've packed J's bag for tomorrow, as if Abuela won't have everything he needs already at her house. I've knit a little, and I baked a couple dozen muffins, because that's what I do when I'm anxious... I cook. And I already have a fridge full of leftovers from yesterday's culinary adventures so I needed something that doesn't require refrigeration. Besides, there's no better way to get back in good with the girls at the office than to bring in something fresh baked.

Jonas is absolutely in love with They Might be Giants Here Come The ABCs right now. Anyone who's seen it (hich will be me, Wil, and Amanda) will find this cute: Right now he's sitting in the middle of the livingroom floor with a giant metal bowland a wooden spoon. He'll beat on it wildly for a few seconds and then yell out "D for drums! D for drums!" while totally rocking out.

I'll leave you with a picture of those yummy muffins I whipped up. They're incredibly easy, very delicious, and not overly-sweet.

Cinnamon Crunch Muffins

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

At 1:30 AM, Blogger Erin said...

oh how I wish I were going back to work!

Good luck, hope it isn't too stressful. The muffins look awesome. I'm hungry anyway. Cuz of this nasty bug we all have, I'm afraid to eat... just giving my gut ammunition and all.

*hug*
Have a good first day back at work!

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Good luck tomorrow! :)

I love that video and was just thinking today that I'm going to have to buy another copy soon for a friend (it's our traditional 2nd birthday gift, you know). :)

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Eve said...

So... how was it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home