Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Spider revisited

I wasn't brave enough to open the cabinet yesterday and remove the eight-legged visitor myself. Considering it did not move all day, I assumed that it was dead, but still... just the thought of it there creeped me out.

Dinner time rolled around, and, well, unless we were going to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, I HAD to use the stove.

So, standing as far away from the cabinet as I possibly could and still reach the burner, I whipped out what anyone who doesn't want to be near the stove would... Tuna helper. Quick, didn't require me to access anything in the spice cabinet, and it's something Jonas will eat, as long as you tell him it's chicken, not fish.

We ate dinner in the livingroom- away from the creepy thing.

When Wil came home last night he dutifully went to sweep the presumably dead critter into the trash and when he opened the cabinet door my worst fear was actualized. That F***er jumped out of the cabinet, crawled across the counter, and hid behind my coffee pot.

***EEEEKKKKKK!!!!!****

Wil was able to hunt it down and dispose of it before I had a total nervous breakdown.

And then, just as I was drifting off to sleep last night he had to go and pipe up with this: "Hmmm... I wonder if maybe she laid an egg-sac in there."

It's official. I'll never set foot in the kitchen again.

2 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Aaaaaaaahhhhhh! I get chills just thinking about it. Geez--nice comment, Wil. Do you ever want her to be able to sleep/cook again? :P

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger me said...

Guys will be guys hon.

Hugs and mwahs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home