Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Work in Progress

Finally! Some knitting content!

But first, kudos to Amanda for being the first to correctly guess the mystery object. I guess it wasn't as hard as I thought. I've never seen a tire shred so much before, so I was amazed and a little shocked when hubby hauled that out of his trunk after telling me "I had a flat on the way to work today." I think that's the first contender for the understatement of the year award.

Ok, so now onto the knitting. I'm still working on the tidal wave socks, and loving them completely. The pattern calls for 5 repeats on the leg, and then a plain stockinette foot. I'm seriously considering continuing the pattern down the top of the foot, but I'm not sure what it'll do to the striping. I guess the best way to find out is to give it a try, huh? What do you think: follow the pattern, or experiment. I mean, it's the foot afterall, and no one is really going to see it. Is it worth the extra effort to do the pattern down the foot? I'm not worried about it feeling bulky in the shoe. This yarn is incredibly thin. I really enjoy the pattern, though, and it wouldn't be that much more work, and might actually speed things up since it holds more interest than boring stockinette.

Jeez, I'm indecisive!

Here's what my desk looks like this morning:


And a closeup of the pattern, just because I love it so much.



And that's all I've got for this morning. :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Those are looking awesome! :) I love designs down the foot, personally. But the stockinette can get going pretty fast . . .
Glad Wil's okay--it can be hard to hold a car on the road when the tire turns into THAT.

 
At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great design and colors. I vote for knitting outside of the box, and going for the stripes! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home