Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A little too late

Hulk's bloodwork came back this morning. I'm no freakin' doctor, but I know bad news when I see it.

It's official... he's got renal failure... apparently end-stage, which leads me to wonder why it was never detected before. I mean, come-on, I've never, in all my years at the clinic, seen a cat so young with such profound disease. It makes me sad to know that, if discovered a few years ago, we might have been able to pro-long his quality of life.

Right now there's not much left to do but prepare for our good-byes, which will be coming soon.

I've got him on fluids for the next few days, but that's more for my benefit than his. Fact is, he's not going to get any better. The doctor's amazed that he's doing as well as he is. So, we'll get through this weekend and Jonas's birthday party, and then we'll give him the good stuff.

I just don't want his death looming over what is supposed to be a happy occasion, I guess. Of course, I think it already is.

1 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger me said...

My thoughts go out to you Angie. I know what it's like to be iin the throes of losing a pet, whom sometimes are just like family. Hang in there. ~ML

 

Post a Comment

<< Home