Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Blah Blah Blah

Sorry for the lack of entertaining posts lately. I just haven't had much to say lately, I guess. Or I could pull the optimist card and tell you that I've just been finding other things to do with my time besides sitting in front of the computer. :)

My poor kid looks like he's been beaten, and it's all my fault. The other day we were out playing on the swing set in the yard and he fell off the seesaw when I gave him a rather powerful push. He tumbled head first and landed across the bar on his chin. He's bruised across his jaw and chin.

Then,Sunday we took J to the beach for a park day. We had a great time, he played his little heart out, and when it was time to go, I scooped him up and jabbed his other cheek with my not-really-all-that-long-and-dagger-like nail. So now one side is bruised and the other side is cut. Poor boy. He's over it. I'm still hurting.

We've officially registered him with school, and he starts next week. Don't ask me how I feel about it right now. I'm still processing the whole baby growing up thing, and I'm still preparing myself for the pride/anxiety I'm having. I know he's going to be just fine. It's me that'll be sitting out in the hallway feeling lost.

But in other and better news, I met up with a couple of other local knitters/spinners last night for some girlie no-kid time. We all hit it off really well, and stayed out way past our bedtimes. It'll be interesting to see if our husbands will let us do it again any time soon. :) I sure hope so.

Oh, and I found a local source for spinning fiber for whenever I want some instant gratification while waiting for internet orders to ship. Sure, it's not as cost effective, but sometimes you just need a little something, ya know?

Knitting is going slowly while I work on other stuff--namely work and course work and keeping my house from falling apart. I don't know if I'm really succeeding at any of them, but they sure do seem to take up a lot of time.

And to top it all off, my back is killing me. Not really sure what I did to myself. It's not one of those acute and terribly painful things like a pinched nerve or a pulled muscle, but more of a nagging dull and constant ache that makes it suck to sit or stand in any position for more than a few minutes. Blech!

And I promise, the next post will have pictures and fun stuff and a whole lot less whining. But for now, I'm beat and it's bedtime.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

As soon as you see how much he loves preschool and how comfortable he is there, you're gonna love it, too. :)

 
At 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It can't be easy.... all the 'letting go's' that you encounter in your child's life.

I imagine it will be a wonderful new time for both of you, though... "Mama! Look what I made today!"

I can feel the heart tugs, Leek.
(((hugs)))

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Michele said...

Congrats on J starting school. Don't worry, he'll be fine, and so will you too. At least it's not for the whole day, you will be picking him up in no time.

I had a blast with you guys, can't wait until next time.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger msubulldog said...

Also--yay, a source for fiber!!! :)
(that was me posting before, btw--I didn't realize B was still signed in, although I think he would make the same comment.) *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home