Thursday, February 21, 2008

So fast

J and I went and interviewed with a preschool this morning.

Wow, just saying that takes a lot out of me. Preschool. My little baby is going to preschool.

Hold on. Let me catch my breath.

We went and met with his class, and took a tour of the place. It's small, it's intimate, it's clean and well-structured while still allowing kids to be kids. I immediately had a good feeling about it, and J fit right in, immediately striking up conversation with the teachers and the other kids. He was raring to go and ready to stay today.

I have a feeling I'm going to be the only one with separation anxiety on his first day.

He'll start in a couple of weeks, just part time. I figure if he's going to start Pre-k in the fall I need to get him used to the routine, and honestly, he needs the time without me. I'm no dummy, and I know that I smother him a whole lot more than I should. I think it's just a mother's instinct to not want to place their child in situations that are going to be difficult for them, and we had a rocky start to our daycare experience, which probably didn't help much. But I think we're ready now.

Holy crap! Where did my little baby go?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister described having kids as your heart growing arms and legs and walking outside of your body. I have to agree.

Hugs to you as you prepare for the first of many stages in this roller coaster of holding on while letting go. I'm right there with you, girlfriend.

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Squibstitcher said...

Was reading your "about me," we have a lot in common. I too am a caffeine-addict, think the sun is one of my worse nemeses and love to read. My latest literary craze was the all-too-popular Harry Potter. I've kind of slid into the muck of reader's block, however. Aside from the occasional King short-story, nothing really appeals to me at the moment. I'm a classic hermit and stay-home mom of two boisterous boys. I tend to bounce back and forth between quilting and knitting whenever I can scrape together some free time. Well, enough rambling, take care & thanks for finding me on Rav! :)

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger msubulldog said...

It goes crazy-fast, doesn't it? Glad to hear you found a place you like, though! That makes it tons easier. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home